I love smoothies, especially in the morning after a workout. Some of them can be calorie bombs and lack in nutritional value. I found one on one of my favorite blogs Skinnytaste.com called the Skinny Green Monster. With just a few simple ingredients you can refuel in a healthy way.
- 1 small frozen ripe banana, peeled
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (I used Whole Foods the one you grind yourself) – you can also use PB2 instead to cut out some of the fat and calories
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
This is a large serving, about 2 cups (16 oz), so I usually make it all and give half to my hubby. On Skinnytaste.com she says it is one serving (the whole 16oz) so I adjusted the nutritional facts below for an 8oz serving size.
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth
Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 1 cup (8oz.) • Calories: 126.7 • Fat: 2.0 g • Carb: 19.3 g • Fiber: 2.8 g • Protein: 8.8 g • Sugar: 9.2 g
Sodium: 118.4 mg
*REMEMBER if you drink the whole thing multiply all of the nutritional values by 2.