Need a last minute side dish for Thanksgiving? Try one of these 2 acorn squash recipes…or make both. I made a sweet dish & a savory dish. I can’t choose which one I like better.
Direction for cooking acorn squash:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut acorn squach in halves and scoop out seeds.
- Fill a glass Pyrex pan 1/2 way up with water and place squash halves with insides face down.
- Cover with tin foil and bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, until tender.
- Let cool, then scoop out insides of squash and put in a bowl, making sure to drain out any extra water.
- Add butter and cinnamon and mix into bowl with squash.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top and serve.
-Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Add cheese, olive oil, and black pepper and mix into bowl with squash.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve.