Broccoli and Cauliflower are in peak season! I purchased both at my local farmers market this past week and I was just going to steam the broccoli for my daughter and roast the cauliflower in the oven with olive oil. However, my husband had a better idea. We both receive emails from Inspiralized.com and he saw a recipe for Easy Cheddar-Rosemary Spiralized Potato Pancakes. This inspired him to create broccoli cauliflower pancakes. So simple, easy and ridiculously delicious they can be eaten as a side dish at dinner, for breakfast, as a snack or for lunch.
– 1 head broccoli
– 1 head cauliflower
– 1/4 cup chopped onion
– 1/4 cup slivered almonds
– 1/4 cup grated cheese (I used butterkase cheese, but cheddar will do just fine!)
– 2 large eggs
– black pepper to taste
1. Cut broccoli and cauliflower into small florets and steam for 3-5 minutes until slightly tender (just a little so they are not hard, DO NOT steam until mushy).
2. In a large bowl combine broccoli, cauliflower, onion, almonds, cheese, egg and pepper and mix.
3. Turn stovetop on medium to high heat. I didn’t need to use oil because we used our Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri (this pan is amazing!). If you don’t have a non-stick pan then use a little olive oil to coat the pan.
4. Form mixture into circular shape and throw on skillet. Cook a few minutes on one side and flip with a spatula and cook on other side until golden brown.
5. Take off, let cool, and enjoy! Makes about 8-10 pancakes.