My family loves pasta and meatballs so I thought why not put them together in one easy bite…and the Mac&Meatball was born! Or as my husband calls them – meatball cupcakes. Perfect as an app for parties or have a few as your meal!! I used my favorite Banza Pasta pasta to get a little extra protein. I used Rao’s tomato sauce on some and Gotham Greens Pesto on others. Both were equally delicious 😋
-1 box Banza Pasta penne (al dente)
-1lb ground turkey
-1 garlic clove, finely chopped
-1/2 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
-1/2 cup quick oats
-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
-spices – oregano, parsley, dried basil, black pepper
-1/4 cup water (this is what keeps the meatballs moist!)
-Rao’s tomato sauce
-Gotham Greens pesto
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients (except pesto & tomato sauce) together and mix with hands.
3. I divided up into 2 bowls so I could make 1/2 with tomato sauce and 1/2 pesto. Then I added some pesto to one bowl and tomato sauce to the other.
4. Spray cupcake tin with a non stick spray, then fill cups to the top with mac&meatball mixture.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes, check on them around 20 minutes and make sure pasta isn’t getting crunchy.
6. Top the tomato sauce mac&meatballs with a little tomato sauce and some grated cheese and top the pesto ones with grated cheese.