I love shopping for clothes for my girls (more than for myself). I remeber for my first I was gifted as well as bought so many fluffy, fancy and probably way too expensive outfits that I found out were not very practical! I mean who doesn’t put snaps on the bottom of a one piece romper (most likely a fancy designer that does not have children). As a first time mom I had no idea, but I quickly learned. I don’t care how fancy your baby is, they all need a diaper change! I now look for practical clothes, however, I also want them to be cute. While a lot of the items in my girls wardrobes are from big retailers (baby Gap, H&M, etc.) I also like finding cool new lines that have personality and functionality. I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorites.
1. Broken Tricycle – This cool Australian Brand has beautifully designed, modern and contemporary babywear essentials that are made from the purest organic cotton, never using harsh dyes or chemicals. The best part, they are in Australia, which means they have opposite seasons from us, meaning that the items you need now are usually on sale!
2. Rosie Pope Baby – You may know her as the Maven of maternity wear, but this mama of four also has a kids line. I attended the photo shoot and I can’t wait to purchase all of the fall items for my baby girl! From super soft sweatshirt like material to one piece sleepers with snap away footsies that allow your child room to grow, this collection is functional, comfortable and absolutely adorable. Call 212.213.3393 to pre-order the fall collection now!
3. Winter Water Factory is a Brooklyn-based design and manufacturing company specializing in screen printed textiles and organic kids’clothing. Known for thier fresh, bold, striking prints and thier soft organic cotton, these basic onsies, rompers, pants, gowns, dresses, hats and blankets are what your baby will live in on the day to day.
4. Fable Baby – I love Etsy and this designer nailed it when designing unique baby clothes. Originating in Australia, the designer focuses on quality, sustainability and simplicity, which is translated in her simple prints, gentle color palette and soft organic, locally sourced fabrics. Mix and match prints and patterns to create the perfect look for your little love.
5. Freshly Picked – I’m obsessed with their baby moccasins! The designer, a brilliant mom, started making baby moccasins after becoming frustrated by the lack of well-designed baby shoes. They are durable, well designed, made of 100% genuine leather and come in a huge selection of prints and colors. The unique design, with elastic at the opening, makes them easy to put on, easy to take off, but most importantly: stay on your childs foot!